- 2 pounds (900 grams) of ground beef, preferably sirloin or round
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) ketchup, or tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) sea salt
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices swiss cheese
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22 1/2 milliliters) steak sauce
Gather the ingredients.
Combine ground beef with soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup (or tomato sauce), and salt.
Form into six equal-sized patties.
Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
Place patties onto grill and cook for 6 to 7 minutes per side (or until internal temperature reaches a safe 165 F). During the last minute or two of cook time, place one slice of Swiss cheese on each patty.
Once the cheese has melted and patties are cooked through, remove from heat and place onto a cookie sheet or platter. Cover with aluminum foil.
To prepare burger topping, simply combine mayonnaise and steak sauce until mixed through. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days after preparation.
Assemble hamburgers and top off with mayonnaise mixture.