Phyno Net Worth: Chibuzor Nelson Azubuike, known as Phyno, is a Nigerian rapper, and record producer wo has a net worth of $10 million dollars.
He started his music career as a producer in 2003, and is renowned for rapping in Igbo language fluently.
Phyno Net Worth And Biography
His debut studio album No Guts No Glory was released in 2014. It was supported by four singles: “Ghost Mode”, “Man of the Year”, “Parcel” and “O Set”. Phyno has worked with many artists Such as
Phyno became a talk of the town in 2012 after releasing a single song made with impressive rap, ‘Ghost Mode’ featuring Olamide. In the following year, the year 2013, He was nominated for Man of the Year.
Birth Name: Chibuzor Nelson Azubuike
Other Names: Phyno
Birth Date: 9 October 1986
Birth Place: Enugu State
Age: 34 Years Old
Birth Nation: Federal Republic Of Nigeria
Father: Updating Soon
Mother: Updating Soon
Known For: Music
Genre: Pop, Art Pop, Hi-Hop Folk Pop
Source Of Income: Music
Net Worth: $10 Million Dollars
Education: Updating Soon
Siblings: Updating soon
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 70 kg
Shoe Size: N/A
Hair Color : Dark brown
Eye Color: Dark
Body Measurement: N/A
Marital Status: Not Married
Salary: Updating Soon
Social Media: Instagram, Twitter
Phyno Early Biography
Chibuzor Nelson Azubuike was born 9 October 1986 in Enugu State of Nigeria, He is originally from Anambra State.
The name Phyno which he is best known for, was derived from the word ‘phenomenal’, which was the nickname given to him by one of his high school friends named Emeka.
Phyno developed interests for music production during his secondary school days. When he growing up he wanted to become a pilot, but was told that he could be a doctor.
Phyno Net Worth And Biography
Throughout his high school days, he learned to play the drums and piano. He also learned to create his own rendition of every recording he heard.
He studied Public Administration at the Institute of Management and Technology in Enugu State, and started profiting from music during his second year at the higher Institution. Phyno started rapping in 2010 and relocated to Lagos to continue his music career
Phyno’s Music success
Phyno began recording his debut studio album No Guts No Glory in 2012. The album features guest appearances from Stormrex, Omawumi, Olamide, Efa, P-Square, Timaya, Flavour N’abania, Mr. Raw, MI, Ice Prince and Runtown. It was primarily recorded in Igbo and Nigerian Pidgin.
On 25 September 2012, he released the Olamide assisted “Ghost Mode” as the album’s lead single. It won Best Collabo at both Headies Awards 2012 and 2013 Nigeria Entertainment Awards. The music video for “Ghost Mode” was released on 7 December 2012. It was shot and directed in Lagos by Clarence Peters.
Sputnet Records released the album’s second single “Man of the Year (Obago)” on 23 March 2013. The song won Best Rap Single at the 2012 The Headies Awards.
Phyno Net Worth And Biography
The music video for “Man of the Year (Obago)” was uploaded onto YouTube on 20 August 2013. It was also shot and directed by Clarence Peters in Abakpa Nike, and features a cameo appearance from Illbliss. In September 2013, the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation banned the music video from being broadcast.
In June 2013, Phyno performed for 25 minutes in Owerri as part of the Star Music Trek tour. He toured with D’banj, Burna Boy, Chidinma, Vector, Pucado, Seyi Shay, Show Dem Camp, Kay Switch and Sean Tizzle as a supporting act on the 2013 Hennessy Artistry Club Tour. He performed at the 2014 edition of the Star Music Trek tour in Nsukka, Enugu State.
In March 2019, Phyno announced plans for the release of his third studio album Deal With It. It has been supported by two singles: “Agu” and “The Bag”. The album features guest appearances from Olamide, Falz, Davido, Don Jazzy, Zoro, Runtown and Teni.
Phyno collaborated with Olamide and they released a studio album 2Kings on April 1, 2015. It was released on Cloud 9 and ITunes store by Penthauze Music and YBNL Nation.
The Producers and guest Artists featured in the album are Wizkid, Pheelz, B-Banks, Storm Rex, Young John, Major Bangs and Lil Kesh. The album singles are Une (2015) and Confam Ni (2015).
Phyno is the founder and CEO of Penthauze Music, a record label based in Nigeria. At first, he started his career with Sputnet records and after some time, he began Penthauze. The label became active in 2008.
- As a prolific rapper, Phyno signed some endorsement deal and also became a brand ambassador for companies like Globacom e.t.c.
- In August 2014, he became an Ambassador of Guinness Nigeria Made of Black Campaign along with Olamide and Eva Alordiah. The deal was renewed the following year.
- In 2015, he also signed an endorsement deal with Nairabet and later that year, a 50 million Naira deal with Airtel communications.
- Furthermore, in June 2018, Phyno was unveiled by Nigerian Breweries as an ambassador for Life Continental Lager Beer, the leading south-east premium beer brand.
- That same month, he announced his endorsement deal with a popular energy drink brand, Monster Energy.
- In March 2019, Phyno together with Teniola signed an endorsement deal with Cadbury Nigeria Plc, Producer of a candy brand, Tom Tom
- Later in June 2019, He was also endorsed along with Timaya as the End Polio Celebrity Ambassadors. This was done by the Nigerian polio Plus Committee and the Office of the Rotary International Polio Ambassador in Nigeria.
Phyno’s Personal Life
In a 2014 interview with The Punch newspaper, Phyno denied reports about impregnating a woman named Rita Edmond.
Phyno’s Net Worth
Phyno is currently one of the richest and the most influential singers in Nigeria, With an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars.
Phyno Awards And Recognition
Phyno has been nominated for several awards and he has successfully won five. They are:
- Best Collabo, ‘Ghost Mode’ ft Olamide, The Headies 2013
- Best Rap Single ‘Anam Achi Kwanu’ Illbliss ft. Phyno, The Headies 2013
- Best Collabo ‘Ghost Mode’ ft Olamide. Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013.
- Rap Artiste of the Year, City people Entertainment Awards, 2014
- Best Rap Single ‘Parcel’ The Headies 2014