- 1 to 2 pickled jalapeño peppers, finely chopped, plus extra for topping if desired
- 1/2 package dried onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices American cheese, or cheese of choice
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- Condiments, such as mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, optional
- Toppings of your choice, such as lettuce, tomato, onion, optional
Gather the ingredients.
Mix the jalapenos, soup mix, steak seasoning, salt, and Worcestershire sauce with the ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
Form the mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties. Preheat the grill to high heat.
Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until the desired level of doneness is achieved. During the last minute of cooking, place 1 slice of cheese on each burger.
Once the burgers are cooked through and the cheese is melted, remove from the grill and place on the toasted hamburger buns. Top with additional sliced jalapenos, if desired, and condiments and toppings.