Never thought you’d hear the words ‘healthy sausage casserole’? Well, here it is. This all-in-one-dish dinner is packed with veggies for a perfect midweek meal.
Each serving provides 348 kcal, 34g protein, 33.5g carbohydrates (of which 18g sugars), 7g fat (of which 2g saturates), 9.5g fibre and 1.8g salt.
- 2 red peppers, seeds removed, cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into thick slices
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 5 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 8 lean sausages
- 400g tin peeled cherry tomatoes
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 200ml/7fl oz vegetable stock
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp French mustard
- 100g/3½oz frozen mixed vegetables
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
Put the peppers, carrots, onions and garlic into a deep baking dish and roast for 20 minutes. Add the sausages and roast for a further 10 minutes.
Turn the oven down to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Pour the tomatoes and chickpeas into the baking dish, then stir in the stock, chilli and paprika. Bake for another 35 minutes.
Stir in the mustard and the frozen mixed veg and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving.