You can make a Skype call using your computer or mobile device. You can also start a group video or phone call using the Skype app. Whether you’re using Skype on desktop or mobile, you have to allow the app to access your camera and microphone to make calls.
When it comes to video conferencing apps, Skype is one of the most popular applications. From video chat to voice calls, Skype allows you to easily make calls to individuals or groups.
Whether you’re using your smartphone or computer, here’s how to make a call on Skype.
How to make a Skype call using your computer
1. Turn on your Mac or PC and sign in to the Skype app, or if you have not already done so, download Skype and create an account.
2. Press the “Call” icon, which is shaped like a phone, located in the left-hand menu. Then, press “New Call.”
3. In the “New Call” menu, select the individual that you want to call and click “Call,” located in the top-right hand corner of the screen. Choose whether you want to make a video or audio call.
How to make a Skype call on a mobile device
1. Unlock your Android or iPhone and launch the Skype application and log in, or if you do not have Skype downloaded head to your app store and download Skype.
- Make sure you have allowed Skype to access both your camera and microphone, otherwise you won’t be able to make calls.
2. Scroll through your contacts, and tap the user that you’d like to call.
3. To make a call, click either the phone icon to make an audio call, or the camera icon to make a video call.
How to make a Skype group call
1. On desktop or mobile, press the “Call” icon, which is shaped like a phone. Then, press “New Call.”
2. In the “New Call” menu, select the names of the individuals you want to start a group call with and choose whether you want to make a video or audio call.
3. Press the “Call” button.
How to make a Skype call on your computer or mobile device, or start a group call