This super-simple one-pot healthy chicken casserole has a rich and spicy tomato sauce studded with black olives, with spinach stirred in just before serving.
Each serving provides 333 kcal, 36g protein, 16.5g carbohydrates (of which 10.5g sugars), 12.5g fat (of which 2.5g saturates), 5g fibre and 1.2g salt.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 600g/1lb 5oz skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 100ml/3½fl oz chicken stock
- 100g/3½oz pitted black olives
- 1 lemon, juice only
- ½ large orange, juice only
- 250g/9oz baby spinach
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the red pepper, chilli and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in the paprika, cayenne pepper and sun-dried tomato purée. Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and well coated.
Add the tomatoes, stock and olives, and turn the heat down. Cover and cook for 40 minutes, until the chicken is falling apart and the sauce is thick.
Stir in the lemon and orange juice, then stir in the spinach until wilted. Serve hot.