Here is a detailed guides on how to prepare a delicious Halloumi salad, from picking the right ingredients to serving the receipts with your lovely family.
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 2 lemons
- 250g/9oz halloumi, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 vine tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 250g/9oz low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 3 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- small handful rocket leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put 1 tablespoon of the harissa paste in a bowl and juice one of the lemons into it. Stir to mix well. Put the halloumi on a foil-lined baking tray and brush it all over with the harissa mixture. Cover and marinate for 10–15 minutes.
Place the onion, tomatoes, cucumber and fennel in a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and vinegar, season and toss well. Cover and leave to sit for 10–15 minutes.
Mix the yoghurt with the remaining harissa and the mint and squeeze over the juice of the remaining lemon. Season with salt and pepper and stir to mix well.
Preheat the grill to medium-hot. Grill the halloumi for 3–4 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown.
To serve the salad, spread the yoghurt mixture over a serving platter, top with the grilled halloumi and scatter over the salad and rocket. Serve immediately.