This nourishing traybake combines roasted spiced chickpeas with plenty of veg before stuffing into pittas and drizzling in minty yoghurt sauce – an easy, flavour-packed dinner for any day of the week.
For the traybake
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp ras-el-hanout
- 1 small cauliflower, leaves included, broken into small florets
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thick wedges
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into thick wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the yoghurt sauce
- 200g/7oz low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp mint sauce
- 4 wholemeal pitta bread
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, shredded
- chilli sauce
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic and ras el hanout together in a large bowl. Add the vegetables and chickpeas, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Tip everything into a large roasting tin and shake out into an even layer. Roast for 45 minutes, giving everything a shake and a mix halfway through cooking.
Meanwhile, mix the yoghurt and mint sauce in a small bowl and season with a pinch of salt.
Remove the vegetables from the oven and stir through the parsley and sesame seeds. Warm the pitta breads in the oven for a few minutes, then split and stuff with the roast vegetables, chickpeas and shredded lettuce. Serve with both the yoghurt and chilli sauce.