What are the top 10 hardest words to pronounce?
The 10 hardest English words to pronounce, according to Reddit
- Worcestershire. Pronunciation: Wuss-ter-sheer. …
- Choir. Pronunciation: Kw-eye-er. …
- Squirrel. Pronunciation: Sk-whirl. …
- Isthmus. Pronunciation: Is-muss. …
- Sixth. Pronunciation: Siks. …
- Penguin. Pronunciation: Pen-gwen. …
What are the hardest sounds to pronounce in English?
5 Difficult sounds in English
- 1 – The “TH” sound. This is one of the trickiest sounds and to add insult to injury, there are two distinct ways to pronounce it! …
- 2 – the “W” and “V” sounds. …
- 3 – the “b” and “v” sounds. …
- 4 – The “ed” sound. …
- 5 – The “l” and “r” sounds. …
- 2 comments.
What word takes 3 hours to say?
Note the ellipses. All told, the full chemical name for the human protein titin is 189,819 letters, and takes about three-and-a-half hours to pronounce. The problem with including chemical names is that there’s essentially no limit to how long they can be.
What is real English word?
Any word that has meaning in the English language is a real word. The term ‘real word’ is often used alongside the teaching of nonsense words as a point of comparison. Nonsense words are made-up words that are used to help teach key phonetic sounds.
What is the longest word in English?
1 Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (forty-five letters) is lung disease caused by the inhalation of silica or quartz dust.
Is Contrude a word?
– To push, thrust, or crowd together. See also related terms for thrust.
What is the opposite real?
Antonym of Real
Word. Antonym. Real. Fake. Get definition and list of more Antonym and Synonym in English Grammar.
What is real English words in duolingo?
Real English words in the Duolingo English test
Usually, the words look similar to English words so it is very important to pay attention to spelling. The words can also sound like English words so it is important to practice listening too.
What is the meaning of computable?
Definition of computable
: capable of being computed.
Is Consection a word?
a series of things that follow in sequence; a train of reasoning. Examples: consection of action, 1863; of experiments, 1651; of glory, 1601; of mental phenomena, 1836; of tenses [grammar], 1871. Dictionary of Collective Nouns and Group Terms.
What mediocrity means?
English Language Learners Definition of mediocrity
: the quality of something that is not very good : the quality or state of being mediocre. : a person who does not have the special ability to do something well.