Simi Net Worth: And Biography.
Simi Net Worth And Biography
Simisola Bolatito Ogunleye, popularly know as by her stage name Simi, is a Nigerian R&B singer, song writer, entertainer, stage performer, and a recording female artist, Who has a net worth of $2 million dollar.
She started her musical career as a gospel singer, releasing her debut studio album in 2008, titled Ogaju. She gained prominence in 2014 after releasing “Tiff”, a song that was nominated for Best Alternative Song at The Headies 2015.
Simi has so far make herself a force to reckon with in the entertainment industry, fan are busy searching online trying to know more about simi Profile.
Quick Insight To Simi profile
- Name: Simisola Bolatito Ogunleye
- Known As: Simi
- Age: 32 years old
- Nationality: Nigerian
- occupation: R7B singer
- Net Worth: $2 million
- Record Label: X3M Music (departed) Studio Brat (her personel label)
- Marriage: Simi is married to Adekunle Gold
- D.O.B. : born April 19, 1988
Born Simisola Ogunleye, on April 19, 1988, in Ojuelegba, Surulere, Lagos State, is the last of the four children of her parents. Her parents separated when she was 9 years old.
Simi attended Stars International College, in Ikorodu, Lagos State, after which she went to study mass communication at Covenant University.
Simi Net Worth
She Started her music career at a very tender age, which lead her to write her first song when she was 10 years old. Her professional music career started in 2008 following the release of her debut studio album Ogaju, which consisted of a variety of songs such as “Iya Temi” and “Ara Ile”.
The album was produced entirely by Samklef.
On January 9, 2014, Simi released two singles “Tiff” and “E No Go Funny”. Both songs received massive airplay and were met with generally positive reviews from critics. The video for “Tiff” was directed by Josh Clarke and released on August 30, 2015.
The song was nominated for Best Alternative Song at the 2015 edition of The Headies.
Later in 2015, Simi won the Most Promising Act to Watch category at the 2015 Nigeria Entertainment Awards. Upon releasing “Jamb Question”, Simi was listed as one of the artistes to watch out for in 2016 by NotJustOk. The remix of “Jamb Question” features Nigerian rapper Falz.
On February 14, 2016, Simi released the Oscar Heman Ackah-produced love ballad “Love Don’t Care”. It received frequent radio airplay and was met with positive reviews. “Love Don’t Care” effectively addresses tribalism and discrimination in Nigeria. On October 27, Simi collaborated with Falz to release the extended play Chemistry. this also gained positive review from music critics.
In anticipation of her 12-track second studio album Simisola, Simi released two singles; “Smile for Me” and “Joromi”. Both songs were accompanied by music videos directed by Clarence Peters and Aje Films, respectively. Music videos for “O Wa Nbe”, “Complete Me”, “Gone for Good” and “Aimasiko” were also released to further promote the album. Simi unveiled the album’s track listing on September 1, 2017. Simisola was released seven days later and debuted at number 5 on the Billboard World Albums chart.
In March 2019, Simi disclosed that she would be releasing her third studio album Omo Charlie Champagne, Vol. 1 to coincide with her birthday on April 19, 2019.
The 13-track album features guest vocals from Patoranking, Maleek Berry, Falz, and her husband Adekunle Gold. Its production was primarily handled by Oscar, with additional production from Vtek, Legendury Beatz, and Sess. Simi dedicated the album to her father Charles Oladele Ogunleye, who died in 2014. Omo Charlie Champagne, Vol. 1 was preceded by three singles: “I Dun Care”, “Lovin” and “Ayo”
Simi Net Worth And Biography
Simi Record Deal
In January 2014, Simi released the 5-track EP Restless, which eventually earned her a record deal with X3M Music. The EP is composed mostly of covers recorded by popular acts, including Rihanna’s “Man Down” and Adele’s “Set Fire to the Rain”.
In May 2019, X3M Music announced Simi’s departure following the expiration of her recording contract. Both parties did not renew the contract and agreed to part ways. In June 2019, Simi announced the launch of her independent record label, Studio Brat.
Simi Net Worth And Biography
Simi style Of Music
Apart from being a singer and songwriter, Simi is also a sound engineer. She is credited with mixing and mastering Adekunle Gold’s debut studio album Gold, which was released in July 2016. Her music style is basically hinged in the rhythm and blues, soul and hip-hop music genres.
Simi Personal life
Simi married her long time boyfriend, singer Adekunle Gold in a private wedding ceremony on January 9, 2019. It was later revealed that they had been dating for five years, Before the finally got married.
- Ogaju (2008)
- Simisola (2017)
- Omo Charlie Champagne, Vol. 1 (2019)
Some Selected Singles Of Simi
- ‘Ara Ile’ in the album Ogaju – 2008
- ‘Emi L’Onijo’ Non-album single- 2012
- ‘Take a Chance’ Non-album single – 2012
- ‘Chocolate Brown’ Non-album single – 2012
- ‘Don’t Judge Me’ (cover) – 2013
- ‘Bibanke’ (cover) – 2013
- ‘Marvin’s Room’ (cover) – 2013
- ‘Tiff’ Simisola – 2014
- ‘E No Go Funny’ Non-album single – 2014
- ‘Jamb Question’ Simisola – 2015
- Jamb Question Remix (featuring Falz) Non-album single – 2015
- ‘Open and Close’ – 2015
- ‘Love Don’t Care’ Simisola – 2016
- ‘Smile for Me’ – 2017
- ‘Joromi’ – 2017
- ‘I Dun Care’ Omo Charlie Champagne, Vol. 1 – 2018
- ‘Lovin’ Omo Charlie Champagne, Vol. 1 – 2019
- ‘Ayo’ Charlie Champagne, Vol. 1 – 2019
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards honoured her as the Most Promising Act to Watch in 2015.
- City People Entertainment Awards honoured her as the Most Promising Act of the Year in 2015.
- Female Artiste of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards in 2016.
- Choice Upcoming Female Artist at the Nigerian Teen Choice Awards in 2016.
- Best Collaboration at the Headies for (Soldier with Falz) in 2017.
- Love Don’t Care won the Best Vocal Performance (Female) in 2017.
- Best Collabo of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards in 2017.
- Songwriter of the Year at the AFRIMA Awards in 2017.
- Best Recording of the Year at the Headies 2018.
- Best R&B single at the Headies 2018.
Simi’s Net Worth
Simi is currently one of the richest and most influential artistes in Nigeria, simi has estimated net worth of $2 million dollar.
Thanks for reading please share this content with friends and family across social media platforms.