Philip Hampson Knight, is an American billionaire businessman, Who have a net worth of $47.4 billion dollar. He is the co-founder and chairman emeritus of Nike, Inc., and was previously chairman and CEO of the company. As of September 26, 2020, Knight was ranked by Forbes as the 25th richest Billionaires in the world. with an estimated net worth of US$47.4 billion.
Phil Knight Forbes Net Worth And Biography
- Phil Knight, founder of shoe giant Nike, retired as chairman in June 2016 after 52 years at the company.
- Knight ran track at the University of Oregon and created Nike shoes with his former track coach, Bill Bowerman.
- In 1964, they each put up $500 to start what would become Nike, then called Blue Ribbon Sports.
- Today Nike’s revenues top $37 billion.
- Knight has pledged over $500 million in donations to both the University of Oregon and Stanford’s Graduate School of Business, his alma maters.
Phil Knight Early Life
Philip Hampson Knight was born in Portland, Oregon, on February 24, 1938. His parents are Lota Knight (née Hatfield) and Bill Knight, was a lawyer and later a newspaper publisher.
Knight was raised in the Portland neighborhood of Eastmoreland, and graduated from Cleveland High School. He then continued his education at the University of Oregon, where he was a member of the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity, worked as a sports reporter for the Oregon Daily Emerald, and was a middle-distance runner. He graduated from college in 1959 with a degree in journalism.
Knight began his career working as a Certified Public Accountant, firstly with Coopers & Lybrand, and then price Waterhouse. He then became an accounting professor at Portland State University.
After graduating from the University of Oregon, Knight enlisted in the Army and served one year on active duty. After one year of active duty, he enrolled at Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Phil Knight Forbes Net Worth: As of September 26, 2020, Knight was ranked by Forbes as the 25th richest Billionaires in the world. with an estimated net worth of US$47.4 billion.