This flavorful turkey breast is compact and delicious, perfect for a small family. Or roast this turkey breast for the great sandwiches and leftovers you’ll have for a few days.
- 1 (5 to 7-pound) bone-in turkey breast
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Orange Glaze
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sweet orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, or 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
Gather the ingredients and preheat the oven to 325 F.
Rub turkey breast lightly with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan.
Roast for about 2 to 3 1/4 hours, depending on the size of the turkey breast (stuffed will take longer). The cooking time guide should be on the turkey breast packaging. A meat thermometer will reach 170 F when the turkey is done. If necessary, tent with a piece of buttered or oiled foil during the last hour.
Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine the glaze ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Baste the turkey breast with the orange glaze a few times during the last 20 minutes of cooking time. Let turkey stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Serve and enjoy.