Oprah Winfrey Net Worth: Oprah Winfrey is an American media mogul, television host,author and an established entrepreneur who has a net worth of $3.5 billion dollar, As of 2020. Today Oprah Winfrey earns around $315 million per year thanks to her highly lucrative diversified media empire.
- Oprah Winfrey has transitioned her hit talk show, which ran for 25 years, into a media and business empire.
- The former news anchor built the reinvested profits from her talk show into $2 billion, according to “Forbes” estimates.
- In 2011, Winfrey launched cable channel OWN. Her 25.5% of the network is worth more than $65 million.
- The ‘Oprah effect’ has spread to Weight Watchers: she bought a 10% stake in 2015 (since lowered to 7%) and acts as a brand ambassador.
- In March 2020, she returned to the small screen on Apple TV+ for an interview show about Covid-19 as part of her multiyear pact with the streamer.
Oprah Winfrey Forbes Net Worth
Oprah Gail Winfrey was born in Kosciusko, Mississippi on the 29th of January, 1954. Winfrey had a really tough childhood as a kid. She was sexually abused by a number of men who were friends of her mother Vernita. Winfrey, later on, moved to Nashville to live with her father, Vernon.
Winfrey attended Tenessee State University in 1971 where she began working with television broadcasting and radio in Nashville. She got her first job in 1976 when she hosted the TV show ‘People Are Talking’.
Oprah’s big breakthrough came in 1986 when she began her own television show ‘The Oprah Winfrey show’.
The show has proved to be one of the most successful and highly watched TV shows of all time. Oprah has also, during her career, remained a powerful role model for women and black American women in particular.
The Oprah Winfrey Show has focused on spirituality, issues of self-improvement, and self-help. Diet was once a big issue with Oprah, and she has successfully lost a lot of weight. Oprah’s diet book has sold millions of copies worldwide.
Oprah Winfrey Forbes Net Worth.
Oprah Winfrey is an American media mogul, television host,author and an established entrepreneur who has a net worth of $3.5 billion dollar. Today Oprah Winfrey earns around $315 million per year thanks to her highly lucrative diversified media empire.