- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 400ml/14fl oz vegetable stock, made with ½ stock cube
- 75g/2¾oz dried wholemeal pasta shapes, such as penne
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g/1¾oz baby spinach leaves
- 125g/4½oz cooked and peeled prawns, thawed if frozen
- ½ small lemon, finely grated zest only (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a medium, non-stick saucepan and fry the garlic and chilli for a few seconds, stirring constantly.
Add the stock and pasta and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
When the pasta is tender but there is still plenty of liquid in the pan, add the tomatoes and spinach and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft but still holding their shape and almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
Stir in the cooked prawns, sprinkle over the lemon zest, season with pepper and cook for 1–2 minutes or until the prawns are hot. Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment