A luxurious milkshake makes a super-fun drink or dessert. Choose from rich dark chocolate, strawberry or a simple vanilla.
For the chocolate syrup
- 50g/1¾oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
For the strawberry syrup
- 100g/3½oz hulled strawberries, quartered
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
For the milkshake
- 250ml/9fl oz milk, either full-fat or semi skimmed
- 200g/7oz good quality dark chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp whipped double cream or canned whipped cream (unsweetened)
To make the chocolate syrup, put the chocolate and sugar in a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons water. Place over a low–medium heat and stir to melt the chocolate and dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
To make the strawberry syrup, put the strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan with 1 tablespoon water. Place over a low–medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until the strawberries have completely softened and the sugar has dissolved. Pass through a sieve into a jug, pressing the fruit to extract as much of the strawberry pulp as possible.
To make the milkshake, blend the milk and ice cream together until smooth, using either a stick blender in a jug or a blender on high speed.
Using a teaspoon drizzle half of the syrup of your choice (if using) down the inside of each glass and divide the milkshake between the glasses. Top with whipped cream and the remaining syrup and serve immediately.
Leave a Comment