Meg Whitman Net Worth: Meg Whitman becomes The fifth-wealthiest woman in California with a net worth of $1.3 billion in 2010, she spent more of her own money on the race than any other political candidate spent on a single election in American history, spending $144 million of her own fortune and $178.5 million in total, including money from donors.
On Our List
- Age 68
- Source of Wealth eBay, Self Made
- Residence Los Angeles, California
- Citizenship United States
- Marital StatusMarried
- Children 2
Meg Whitman Forbes Net Worth
- Meg Whitman is best known for taking eBay from $5.7 million to $8 billion in sales as CEO from 1998 to 2008.
- She was CEO of Hewlett-Packard from 2011 to 2015, where she oversaw its split into HP Inc. and Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
- She stepped down as HPE’s chief executive in February 2018 but remains on its board. She also sits on the boards of Procter & Gamble and Dropbox.
- Since becoming CEO of Quibi, Jeffrey Katzenberg’s new short-form video platform, in April 2018, the startup closed a $1 billion funding round.
- In 2018, Whitman invested in LA-based e-sports company Immortals LLC and took a seat on the board.
Meg Whitman was born on August 4, 1956 at Cold Spring Harbor, New York. She attended the Cold Spring Harbor High School in her city. When she was a child she dreamed of becoming a doctor. So when after completing school in 1974, she joined Princeton University to study math and science. But soon the entrepreneurship bug bit her and she changed her course midway to pursue BA in Economics. She graduated in 1977 with honors from Princeton after which she got a MBA from Harvard Business School in 1979. After coming out of Harvard, she got a job in Procter & Gamble as a brand manager.
Meg Whitman is currently one of the richest and the most influential women in California, With an estimated net worth of $3.7 Billion Dollars.