M.I Abaga who had a Net Worth: $8 Million dollars is a Nigerian Popular and award winning rap star, singer, song writer, entertainer, stage performer and a recording artist. He has been active in the Nigerian music industry since 2003 till date, M.I is known for his Hip-pop genre.
M.I is talented creative and he among the pioneer of Nigeria Hip-hop music, his contribution to the Nigerian Music industry which happened to be the biggest in Africa is immense. So far he has work with the likes of eLDee, Banky W., Waje, Jesse Jagz, Ice Prince and lot more.
Quick Preview Of M.I Abaga Profile
- Name:Jude Lemfani Abaga Best know as M.I
- D.O.B: 4TH October 1981
- Genres: Hip-hop
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Occupations: Rapper, song writer, Record Producer
- Years Active: 2003 Till Present
- Labels: Chocolate City, Incredible Music
- Net Worth: $8 Million dollars
M.I Early Life, Education And Music Career
Jude Abaga was born 4th October 1981 in Jos, Plateau State. He was born to Nigerian parents, Pastor and Mrs Abaga, M.I hails from Taraba state, Nigeria he is of Jukun descent. Jude has two brothers, Jesse Jagz who is also in the Nigerian music Industry, and Jason Abaga.
He attended Baptist High School, Jos. while M.I was in school her mother notice the love had for Music as well as playing musical instrument, so she purchased him basic music notations to learn the rudiments of music before she later purchased a 7-key mini piano which launched him fully into the music world.
When M.I was growing up, he would listen to tracks from Lauryn Hill, Bob Marley, Sarah Maclachlan, Pablo Neruda, Jay-Z and DMX. He proceeded to Calvin College, Michigan, USA, where he studied Engineering for only a year before he moved on to major in Business and Economics.
M.I Abaga Earlier Career In Calvin College
Jude’s venture in the hip hop world started with the sampling of musical works from DMX and Lauryn Hill as early as 1998. After his stint at Calvin College, Michigan, US, he delved into poetry, and also made some attempts at comedy, but decided to stick to music because he was embarrassed when nobody laughed but him. There, he performed regularly at the school’s major hip hop shows and concerts. His impressive rap flows and attitude gained him a third-place finish at the Calvin College show tagged ‘HipHopera’ in 2003, which was actually the only “hip hop show” that Calvin College ever had. He did all this while he was still pursuing a career in Business and Economics at Calvin College, Michigan, USA . M.I. was at Calvin College from 1998_2003.
M.I. Abaga Career In Nigeria
Jude began his music career in 2003 upon his relocation to Nigeria. Finding his place in an industry dominated by the likes of Modenine, Ruggedman and Eedris Abdulkareem, he started producing mixtapes with his friend Djinee. This led to the critically acclaimed single Safe which gathered impressive airplay by African radio and music video stations such as MTV Vibe. M.I teamed up with his brother – Jesse Jagz, Ice Prince, Ruby, Threadstone, Lindsay, Moses – Elbulk, and E-kelly to form Loopy Music.
M.I was later signed to the Chocolate City company, a renowned music label in Nigeria, which was the reason he relocated from jos to Abuja, and this also influenced the beginning of his successful career in the Nigerian music industry. A proficient producer, lyricist, songwriter and instrumentalist, M.I has been described by DIV as the future of African Hip Hop.
M.I Abaga As Producer
He has produced and featured on the works of artists like, Don Jazzy, Threadston, Kel, Djinee, Shifi, Jesse Jags, Ice Prince, Ruby, Lindsey, Leony, Wizkid and lot more. He also runs a production company, Rytchus Era Productions with his brother Jesse Abaga best known as Jesse Jagz.
M I Abaga Net Worth And Biography
M.I Abaga has helped several upcoming artistes come to limelight, some of these artists are phyno, Wizkid, Vypa, Jesse Jagz, Ruby, Pype, Ice Prince, Brymo, and KhaliGraph Jones among st others. MI has done a lot to bring a Northern presence to the Nigerian music industry, he depicts the perfect example of bringing Nigeria together. He is the founder of Loopy Records and Incredible Music.
M.I Style Of Music
Tripol of Blaze-A-Mic describes M.I’s flow as “easy going but packed full of punches”. Similarities in styles have also been drawn to renowned rappers such as Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Jay-Z.
M I Abaga Net Worth And Biography
M.I Awards And Nomination
- Best Rap Single – The Headies Award 2018 (You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives)
- Lyricist on the Roll – The Headies Award 2018 (You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives
- Best Rap Album The Chairman- The Headies 2015
- Best Rap Album 2009 –Hip Hop world Awards
- Hip Hop Revelation 2009 – Hip Hop World Awards
- Best New Act of the Year 2009 – Nigerian Entertainment Awards
- Best Rap Single 2008 – Hip Hop World Awards
- Musician of the Year– Modemen Awards 2008
- Best New Act- MTV Africa Music Awards 2009
- Best Use of Special Effects in a video-NMVA 2009
- Best Mainstream Hip Hop Video-NMVA 2009
- Musician of the Year-The Future Awards 2010
- Musician of the Year – City People 2010
- Artist of the Year – National Daily 2010
- Musician of the Year – Malaysian African Entertainments Awards 2010
- Most Amiable Brand – Orange Wall of Fame 2010
- Lyricist On The Roll – The Headies Awards
- Best Rap Single – The Headies Awards 2018
- Best Performer – The Headies Award 2018
- Best Rap Single – The Headies 2015
- Album Of The Year (The Chairman) – The Headies 2015
- Best Rap Album-Hip Hop World Awards 2009
- Lyricist on the Roll-Hip Hop World Awards 2009
- HipHop Revelation-Hip Hop World Awards 2009
- Musician of the Year-Modemen Awards 2008
- Lyricist on the Roll-Hip Hop World Awards 2008
- Best Rap Single-Hip Hop World Awards 2008
- Next Rated- Hip Hop World Awards 2008
- Best Mainstream Hip Hop Video- Nigerian Music Video Awards 2009
- Best Director(Mex)- Nigerian Music Video Awards 2009
- Video of The Year-Nigerian Music Video Awards 2009
- Best Use of Special Effects in a video-Nigerian Music Video Awards 2009
- Musician of the Year-The Future Awards 2009
- Face of Hope Ambassador- Face of Hope Nigeria Project
- Best Rap Single-Hip Hop World Awards 2010
- Lyricist on the Roll-Hip Hop World Awards 2010
- Best International Act- BET Awards 2010
- Artiste of the Year – The Headies 2011
- Album of the Year (Mi2) – The Headies 2011
- Artist of the Year- Diaspora Professionals, Dubai 2011
M.I Endorsement Deals
- Glo Mobile brand ambassador alongside other Nigerian artistes like Omawunmi, Burna Boy etc. in 2013. In the same year, he was chosen as one of the judges of the Glo X-Factor.
- United Nations appointed M.I Abaga as a Goodwill Ambassador in 2012.
M.I Abaga’s Net Worth
M.I is currently one of the richest and the most influential rappers in Nigerian music industry and Africa at large, he has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars.