You can stop Spotify from opening on startup when you turn on a Mac computer in two different ways.
To stop Spotify from opening on startup, turn off the option in System Preferences.
Spotify can also be disabled on startup in Spotify’s settings menu.
If you have the Spotify app downloaded to your Mac computer, chances are you’ve noticed that the app opens every time you startup your computer.
This is a default setting but it can easily be changed within the Spotify app itself, or using your Mac’s System Preferences.
Here’s how to do it.
How to stop Spotify from opening on startup on a Mac in Spotify settings
1. Launch the Spotify app on your Mac.
Quick tip: You can search for the Spotify app using Spotlight (Command + Space) or find it by going to Finder > Applications.
2. Select Spotify from the menu at the top of the screen, and click on Preferences.
3. In Spotify’s Preferences, scroll to the bottom of the page, then select Show Advanced Settings.
4. Scroll to find Startup and Window Behavior.
5. Using the drop-down menu, select No Spotify will no longer open on startup.
How to stop Spotify from opening on startup on a Mac in System Preferences
1. Launch System Preferences.
2. Find and select Users & Groups.
3. Select Login Items from the option at the top.
4. Click on the plus sign symbol at the bottom of the page.
5. Search for Spotify under Applications, and click Add.
6. Check the box under the column titled “Hide” for Spotify.
Your Mac will now hide the app upon startup of your computer. You can find Spotify by using Spotlight or searching for it in your Applications folder.