How To Improve Your Target Shopping Experience With This Tips: Save on your next trip to Target with these tips and tricks.
You’ve heard the joke: If you go to Target for one thing, you’ll end up buying a bunch of other stuff, too. Many people love shopping at Target because of its affordability, convenience and everyday products. So, it’s easy to end up spending more than you intended, especially in the new year with the desire to get in shape or try out a new hobby.
The great news is that, if you’re an avid Target shopper, you can continue to shop and save with our tip that will guarantee savings in your wallet. All you have to do is shop on a specific day for discounts and savings. Still curious? Well, we’ll walk you through everything: Two well-known tips for savings and one secret tip to help you save in-store.
Sign up for Target’s Reward Program
How To Improve Your Target Shopping Experience 2023
If you want to save money on your purchases, sign up for Target’s reward program for free. The great thing is that you can use these benefits not only online, but in-store too. Here are the perks of being a Circle member:
- 1% earnings when you shop to redeem or continue saving 5% with RedCard
- Access to offers on brands
- 5% off a single purchase for your birthday (valid 30 days from your birthday)
- Community support votes to direct where Target gives
- Target Circle partnerships with brands such as Apple and Ulta Beauty.
Getting access to Target’s reward program is important, especially when you’re shopping at the retailer anyway.
Get a price match guarantee
What some shoppers fail to realize is that Target offers a price match guarantee too. You can request to get a price match from Target whenever you see that the item you purchased is cheaper. For the item to be eligible, it must be:
- During the 14-day window from the time you purchased the item
- An identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number
- In stock at a lower price at the time of return at a list of competitors Target match
- Lower on Target.com or in your local Target store
How to request a price match
Once you determine if you can get a price match, there are just a few steps to do this in-store or online. If you’re doing this in-store, here’s what you should do:
- Request a price match at checkout
- Bring proof of the price you want to match — the entire printed ad, digital ad, or retailer’s primary website (photos or photocopies are not accepted)
- Bring the original receipt if you already purchased the item
Online is a bit easier but your options here are to either call or chat with a representative. You can do this by:
- Chatting with Target representatives online or calling 800-591-3869
- Having the current price you want to match — the digital ad, approved retailer’s website, or Target store price (photos or photocopies are not accepted)
- Having your order number and item information ready from the start
See at Target
Top best money-saving tip for in-store shopping at Target
Now that you know what you can do to get rewards and get a price match should you need it, you can now learn our tip that will give you access to discounted products across the entire retailer.
The first thing you need to know is that this only works for in-store purchases (sorry online shoppers). The next thing is all about knowing when you need to shop in-store. Depending on the day of the week (excluding Saturday and Sunday) you’ll find select products on clearance.
When you’re shopping at your local Target here’s the cheat sheet to know what products are on sale:
- Mondays: Electronics, kids’ clothing and stationery
- Tuesdays: Domestics, women’s clothing, pets products, and food
- Wednesdays: Men’s clothing, toys, health and beauty, lawn, and garden items
- Thursdays: Home goods, lingerie, shoes, sporting goods, movies, music, books, decor, and luggage
- Fridays: Auto, beauty, hardware, and jewelry
To confirm our tip we reached out to Target on Oct. 17, and didn’t receive a response.