How to do drop down in excel
How do you create a quick drop in Excel?
Making a drop down box based on a range of cells
- Type the items in separate cells.
- Select the cell where you want the drop–down list to appear.
- On the Data tab, click Data Validation.
- Place the cursor in the Source box or click the Collapse Dialog icon, and select the range of cells to include in your drop–down list.
How can I create a drop down list in Excel 2010?
How to Make a Drop Down in Excel 2010
- Create the list for the dropdown.
- Select the items, enter a name, then press Enter.
- Click the cell where the dropdown should be.
- Choose the Data tab.
- Click Data Validation.
- Choose the List option.
- Type an “=” sign, then the Name from step 2.
- Click the OK button.
How do I create a drop down list in sheets?
Create a drop–down list
- Open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Select the cell or cells where you want to create a drop–down list.
- Click Data.
- Next to “Criteria,” choose an option:
- The cells will have a Down arrow.
- If you enter data in a cell that doesn’t match an item on the list, you’ll see a warning.
- Click Save.
How do you color code a drop down list in Excel?
Method B Color coded drop down list with a handy tool-Colored Drop–down List
- Select the drop–down list cells, then click Kutools > Drop–down List > Colored Drop–down List.
- In the Colored Drop–down list dialog, do below settings. 1) Check the scale you want to add color to in the Apply to section.
- Click Ok.
How do you add color to data validation?
To use color coding, right-click the selection and hit “Conditional Formatting” or choose Format > Conditional Formatting in the toolbar. Once there, set criteria and associated colors. Protip: To use Data Validation and Color Coding in conjunction, set data validation first, then set color coding.
How do I copy a drop down list to another cell?
How to copy lists from one cell to another
- Select a cell that contains the drop down list you want to copy.
- Copy the cell by pressing Ctrl + C or Right-click -> Copy.
- Select the cells where you want to paste the drop down list.
- Right-click, select paste special, click on Validation and press OK.
Can I copy a drop down list in Excel?
Right-click one of the cells you highlighted and click “Paste special.” The Paste Special dialog box opens and displays several pasting options. Click “Validation” followed by “OK.” Excel copies the drop–down list to the cells you selected.
How do I apply a drop down list for an entire column?
- Select the entire column you want to validate.
- Click on “Data Validation” from the Data tab.
- Choose “List” from the “Allow” box.
- Click on the arrow to the right of the “Source” box and select the cells containing the allowed values.
How do you copy a drop down list with Snipping Tool?
Can I scroll down with Snipping Tool?
Depending on the size of the user’s screen, a screenshot may not be able to capture an entire window — especially if you need to scroll to capture the entire window. Some snipping tools include ability to screenshot a scrolling screen; scrolls can be captured vertically or horizontally.
How do I snip a drop down menu in Windows 10?
How do I right click with Snipping Tool?
Press & hold Ctrl key. Press & hold Alt key. Press PrintScreen key.
In Windows 7:
- Left-click the folder of the corresponding right–click menu you want to capture.
- Hold down shift and press F10.
- Tap the Print Screen button.
- If needed, use the Snipping Tool provided with your system to crop the image.
What is delay Snipping Tool?
The Snipping tool now features a time-delay shutter option, which lets you take cropped and uncropped screenshots of previously un-snippable items, such as pop-up menus. In earlier versions of Windows, the Snipping tool can only be used to capture items that don’t involve mouse movements.
How do I use Snipping Tool to capture my cursor?
Drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle. Select a window, such as a dialog box, that you want to capture. Capture the entire screen. When you capture a snip, it’s automatically copied to the Snipping Tool window where you make changes, save, and share.
How do I take a screenshot of a pop up window?
How do I copy and paste a pop up window?
The Built in Windows Function
When the box appears, simply make sure it’s the active window and press the standard Windows copy shortcut combination of Ctrl+C. Now the data is in the clipboard, paste the contents into notepad or webpage etc.
Leave a Reply