How to check your heart rate on an Apple Watch in 3 different ways
You can check your heart rate on an Apple Watch in a few different ways.
It’s easy to check your heart rate on an Apple Watch with the Heart Rate app, which keeps track of your average, resting, and current heart rate.
When you’re exercising, you can also check your heart rate in the Workout app.
To see a graphical history of your heart rate, you can open the Health app on your iPhone .
The Apple Watch has a built-in heart rate monitor that measures your heart rate often throughout the day, and also monitors your heart more frequently when you are exercising.
You can see your heart rate information at any time on an Apple Watch . Here’s how to do it.
How to check your heart rate on an Apple Watch
You can instantly see your heart rate at any time by opening the Heart Rate app.
1. Press the Digital Crown and tap the Heart Rate app, which looks like a heart on a red background.
2. When the app starts, you can see the most recent heart rate reading, which should have been taken in the last 10 minutes.
3. Wait a moment for a new reading to be taken and displayed.
4. Use the digital crown or your finger to scroll through three different heart rate values: your current heart rate, your resting heart rate, and your average while walking.
You can also quickly open the Heart Rate app by tapping the Heart Rate complication on any watch face that has the complication (which looks like a heart) configured.
If you don’t see any heart rate data, it might be disabled on your Watch.
To turn it on, open the Watch app on your iPhone . Tap “My Watch” and then tap “Privacy.” Turn on “Heart Rate” by swiping the button to the right.
How to check your heart rate on an Apple Watch during a workout
When you are exercising, your Apple Watch should recognize the workout automatically and start the Workout app. You can also open the Workout app and start an exercise manually.
In the app, you can see a “multiple metric” view that includes information appropriate to that workout, such as elapsed time, place, distance traveled, and heart rate.
Most, but not all, workouts track heart rate. You may customize the multiple metric view to add (or remove) heart rate if you desire.
1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Tap “My Watch” at the bottom of the screen and then tap “Workout.”
3. Tap “Workout View.”
4. Choose the workout you want to edit.
5. Tap “Edit” at the top right of the screen.
6. If you want to include Heart Rate in the displayed metrics, you might need to remove an existing metric. Drag one down to the Do Not Include section and then drag “Heart Rate” to the Metrics section.
How to see a graph of your heart rate data
1. Open the Health app on your iPhone .
2. Tap “Browse” at the bottom of the screen if your phone is running iOS 13 or later, or tap “Health Data” if you have an earlier iOS.
3. Tap “Heart.”
4. Tap “Heart Rate” to see a graphical history of your heart rate. You can change the time period and swipe to go back in time. You can get similar data for your walking and resting heart rate as well.
How to check your heart rate on an Apple Watch in 3 different ways.
Leave a Reply