Changing your home address on Apple Maps can help you navigate from your iPhone. BigTunaOnline/Shutterstock
You can change your home address in Apple Maps on iPhone by updating your Contact Card.
Restart Apple Maps if your home location doesn’t immediately update itself after changing it.
To change your home address in Google Maps on iPhone, open the app and head to Saved > Labeled.
Apple Maps and Google Maps make it easy to find your way around town and back home again when you’re done.
And nothing’s more convenient than telling your map app to take you home with a single click — unless the app has you registered at the wrong home address.
Here’s how to fix that by changing your home address for both apps on your iPhone.
How to change your home address in Apple Maps on iPhone
To find your home address, Apple Maps looks at the home address on your Contact Card – that’s where you need to update it.
1. Open Apple Maps on your iPhone.
2. Under Favorites, tap Home.
3. Tap Open My Contact Card.
Quick tip: You can also open your Contact Card by starting the Phone app and taping Contact in the bottom menu. Next, tap your name, and then tap on Edit in the top right corner of the next screen.
4. Scroll down until you see your home address information, Then, edit it to reflect your real home address.
5. Tap Done in the top right corner.
Now your home address will be updated in Apple Maps. If the location of your home address doesn’t change immediately, close the app and then open it again.
How to change your home address in Google Maps on an iPhone
Changing your home address in Google Maps is different by not that hard.
1. Open Google Maps on your iPhone.
2. Tap Saved in the bottom menu.
3. Tap Labeled.
4. Tap the three horizontal dots next to Home.
5. In the pop-up, select Edit home.
6. Tap the X button in the text box at the top to clear the current home address.
7. Enter the new address in the text box. After you’re done, you’ll see its pin show up below. Tap the pin to set it as your home address.
Quick tip: If you’ve never set your home address before, you won’t see those three dots. Instead, tap Set once and go under Home and then enter your home address on the next screen.