How do I turn off read only?
To change the read–only attribute, follow these steps:
- Right-click the file or folder icon.
- Remove the check mark by the Read Only item in the file’s Properties dialog box. The attributes are found at the bottom of the General tab.
- Click OK.
Why is my Excel document read only?
Excel spreadsheets may be Read Only due to their location. If the spreadsheet is on a network folder and you do not have appropriate network permissions to make make changes in the folder, the spreadsheet is Read Only. Spreadsheets sent as email attachments and previewed within the email program are also Read Only.
How do I turn off read only in Excel 2016?
Disable Read only status on Excel 2016
- Right-click an Excel file on your File Explorer, then select Properties.
- On the new window, locate Attributes.
- Locate the Read–only option, remove the check mark if there is one.
- Click Apply, then OK.