You can add Gmail accounts to your iPad using the built-in Mail app or by installing the Gmail app.
To set up a Gmail account using the Mail app, open the “Passwords & Accounts” section of the Settings app on your iPad .
To add Gmail accounts to the Gmail app, use the “Sign in” button for your first account, and then tap the account picture to add additional accounts.
There are two easy ways to get your Gmail account on your iPad .
You can add your account to the default iOS Mail app on your iPad , or you can install Google’s Gmail app and add the account from there.
Here’s how to do both.
How to add a Gmail account to your iPads Mail app
1. Start the Settings app.
2. Tap “Passwords & Accounts.”
3. Tap “Add Account.”
4. Tap “Google.”
5. In the pop-up window, enter your Gmail email address and then tap “Next.”
6. On the next page, enter your password and tap “Next.”
7. Start the Mail app. You should see the Gmail account.
How to add a Gmail account to your iPad with the Gmail app
1. If you haven’t already installed the Gmail app, begin by doing that. Start the App Store app and search for Gmail . When you find the app, install it on your iPad.
2. Start the Gmail app. If this is the first time you’ve started Gmail and you have no Gmail accounts set up on the iPad, you need to tap “Sign in” at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap “Google.”
4. In the pop-up window, enter your Gmail email address and then tap “Next.”
5. On the next page, enter your password and tap “Next.”
After setting up your first Gmail account, you can add additional ones easily.
In the Gmail app, tap your profile picture to the right of the search box, and then tap “Add another account.” Follow the instructions to enter your email address and password.
How to add a Gmail account to your iPad in 2 different ways.