What programs can open an ODT file?
ODT file are built with OpenOffice Writer, so that same program is the best way to open one. However, LibreOffice Writer, AbiSource AbiWord (get a Windows version here), Doxillion, and several other free document editors can open ODT files, too.
Why can’t I open ODT files?
ODT is the file format for OpenOffice and LibreOffice Writer documents. When an ODT document is corrupted, an error message might pop up stating The file . odt is corrupt and therefore cannot be opened. Consequently, users can’t usually open corrupted ODT files by clicking on File > Open.
How do I convert an ODT file to PDF?
Steps to convert ODT to PDF.
- In Acrobat, navigate to the Create PDF option from the Tools menu.
- Click on Select A File and navigate to the location of your ODT file.
- Click on the ODT file you want to convert.
- Choose Create.
- Click the save icon to save your new PDF to the desired location.
How do I convert an ODT file to a Word document?
How to Convert OpenOffice ODT Documents to Microsoft Word .Doc Format
- Right-click the . odt file that you would like to convert and select Open with > WordPad. …
- Now that the file is open in WordPad click the File menu to the left of the Home tab. From the menu list Select Save as > Office Open XML document.
How do I open an ODT file in Windows?
How to Open an ODT File in MS Word
- Click Word’s “File” menu, and then click “Open.”
- Click “OpenDocument Text” from the “File of type” list to only display files in the ODT format.
- Locate the ODT file on your hard drive, click it, and then click “Open” to open it in Word. Alternatively, double-click the file to open it.
How do I open an ODT file in Windows 10?
Use Word to open or save a document in the OpenDocument Text (.odt) format
- Click the File tab.
- Click Open.
- Click Browse,
- To see only the files saved in the OpenDocument format, click the list of file types next to the File name box, and then click OpenDocument Text.
- Click the file you want to open, and then click Open.
Can I open ODT files in Word?
OpenDocument (. odt) files are compatible with Word and open source applications like OpenOffice and LibreOffice, but you might see formatting differences and some Word features aren’t available in . … docx) are compatible with most applications.
How do I open an ODT file in Google Docs?
Please try these steps:
- Upload the file to Google Drive (drive.google.com).
- Right-click on the . odt file and select “Open with Google Docs.”
- Go to File > Save as Google Docs in the open document to convert the file to Docs format. (A new document in a new tab should open in Docs format. …
- Make your edits in Docs.
How do I open an ODT file in Excel?
Open an OpenDocument Spreadsheet in Excel
- Click File > Open > Computer > Browse.
- To only see files saved in the OpenDocument format, in the file type list (next to the File name box), click OpenDocument Spreadsheet (*. ods).
- Find the file you want to open, and then click Open.
What is PowerPoint ODP?
An ODP file is a presentation created by Impress, a presentation program included in the Apache OpenOffice suite. … Impress saves users’ slides in ODP files, which are similar to PowerPoint’s PPTX files. ODP files are formatted using the OASIS XML-based OpenDocument standard.
What is a .ODT file?
A file with the “. odt” extension is an OpenOffice Document file. These documents are typically created using programs like Apache OpenOffice Writer and LibreOffice Writer, word processors comparable to Microsoft Word and Google Docs. ODT files are similar to file formats created using Word, such as DOCX and DOC.
Can’t open ODS file in Excel?
ODS files are the default file format for worksheets which are generated and saved by using the Apache Open Office suite. The . ods file type are compatible with Apache Open Office only and cannot be opened with other spreadsheet programs, including Microsoft Excel.
What is the difference between ODS and XLS file?
ods, and then save the same spreadsheet as . xls/xlsx, the difference between these two files is very big. The same spreadsheet as ODS is 4,5x bigger than itself as XLS: spreadsheet.
How do I convert an OpenOffice spreadsheet to excel?
In this case, you can save a document as a Excel file.
- IMPORTANT—First save your spreadsheet in the file format used by OpenOffice.org, *. ods. …
- Then click File > Save As.
- On the Save As dialog, in the File type (or Save as type) drop-down menu, select the type of Excel format you need. Click Save.