- 12 ounces corn tortilla chips, gluten-free
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, gluten free
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack, or your favorite blend of hard cheeses, grated, about 3 cups
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper, or red
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeño peppers, blotted dry
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, blotted dry
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped Roma tomatoes, blotted dry
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Steps to Make It
Brown lean ground beef in a heavy pan. Drain excess fat. Stir in gluten-free taco seasoning. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 F
In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish spread a layer of 1/3 gluten-free corn chips.
Sprinkle 1/3 cooked hamburger evenly over chips.
Sprinkle 1/3 each: chopped yellow onions, bell pepper, jalapeños, black olives, green onions, and tomatoes evenly over hamburger layer.
Sprinkle 1/3 cup shredded cheese evenly over the vegetables.
Repeat this process with 2 more layers.
Bake in preheated the oven for about 20 minutes or just until cheese melts.
Remove from oven and sprinkle top with fresh chopped cilantro.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.