- 1 boneless chuck or round roast, or brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1 (1-ounce) package au jus mix
- 1 (1/2-ounce) package Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 1/2 soup can water
Gather the ingredients.
Season beef on both sides with salt and pepper.
Add olive or vegetable oil to a heavy skillet and brown roast well on both sides.
Place pot roast in a slow cooker.
Combine au jus mix, Italian salad dressing mix, beef broth and water and pour over roast.
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until beef is very tender.
Serve pot roast with vegetables or shred it and serve it on split, toasted sandwich buns.
Leave a Reply