Can above ground pools stay up in winter?
A common question asked is, “Can above ground pools stay up year round?” And although the easy answer is that “Yes, they can,” whether you want to leave them up year-round really depends on the type of pool you have. Dismantling some above ground pools for the winter may be more hassle than it’s worth.
Do you have to take down Intex pools in the winter?
Leaving your Intex pool out in colder temperatures can completely rupture your pool lining. That’s a mess you don’t want to clean up or repair. … This is why the Intex pools manufacturer strongly recommends draining and disassembling your pool if the temperatures in your area drop to or below 41°F (5°C).
Can I leave my pool full over winter?
It’s not good to leave your pool empty when the weather gets cold. … You may naturally assume it’s best to completely drain your pool of water for the winter months, because you fear the water will freeze and cause damage. Actually, it’s not good to leave your pool empty when the weather gets cold.
How far down do you drain your above ground pool for winter?
4 to 6 inches
In most cases, you will want to drain the pool to be at least 4 to 6 inches below the top of the skimmer. This allows adequate space for expansion of the water throughout the winter without risking damage to the pool.
Can you leave your Intex pool up during the winter?
In warmer climates, Intex advises to keep your pool up, if you prefer. However, you must winterize the pool when keeping it full throughout the winter. If your area maintains tropical climates all year long, you may not need to winterize your pool at all, especially if you use your pool on a regular basis.
How do you winterize an above ground Intex pool?
How do I keep my above ground pool from freezing?
6 Tips to Avoid Winter Damage to Your Above Ground Pool
- 1) Keep Excess Water Off Your Winter Cover.
- 2) Keep Leaves from Piling Up.
- 3) Clean Off Any Snow Buildup.
- 4) Use an Ice Equalizer Pillow to Prevent Ice Damage.
- 5) Stay on the Lookout for a Rapidly Receding Water Level.
- 6) Address Any Pool Buckling Immediately.
How do I clean my Intex pool after winter?
So let’s dive in!
- Take off the Pool Cover. …
- Give the Pool a Quick Inspection. …
- Check the Water Level. …
- Remove Any Winter Equipment. …
- Turn the Pump and Filter Back On. …
- Vacuum and Scrub the Pool. …
- Balance the Pool Chemicals (If Necessary) …
- Get Ready for the Warm Weather: How to Clean a Swimming Pool After Winter.