Creamy sausage pasta bake
Sausage pasta bake is a winner, especially with roasted veggies, cream and Parmesan! This recipe makes a lovely comforting, creamy dinner for the whole family.
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 large peppers, red and yellow, seeds removed, cut into 4cm/1½in chunks
- 2 medium courgettes, trimmed, halved lengthways and thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sausages (around 400g/14oz), each cut into 3 pieces
- 200g/7oz penne
- 300ml/10fl oz single cream
- 50g/1¾ oz Parmesan, finely grated, or 75g/2½oz mature Cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
Put the vegetables in a large roasting tin (roughly 30x25cm/12x10in), season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, toss with the oil and roast for 10 minutes. Add the sausage pieces and toss. Roast for 20 minutes.
Half fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10–12 minutes, or according to the pack instructions, until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain the cooked pasta in a colander.
Add the pasta to the vegetables and sausages. Pour over the cream and toss together. Sprinkle with the cheese and cook for 4–5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and sauce is beginning to bubble around the edges. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply