- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 pounds ground round, or lean ground beef (85 to 90 percent lean)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
Gather the ingredients.
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add mushrooms, onion, celery, carrots, and water.
Heat to boiling; cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender-crisp.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, flour, seasoned salt, thyme, parsley, soy sauce, and the cooked vegetables.
Mix gently and shape into a loaf in a greased, shallow baking pan (with sides).
Bake the meatloaf at 350 F for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until the loaf is crusty and browned. The meatloaf is done when it reaches 160 F on a meat thermometer.