Baked Chicken Drumsticks, Buffalo-Style
These delicious chicken drumsticks are baked with garlic and olive oil, then they are coated with hot sauce and drizzled with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- 2 to 3 pounds chicken legs, about 10 to 12 drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, put through a press or finely minced
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Gather the ingredients. Pre Heat oven to 350 F.
Line a large rimmed baking pan with foil and then place a cake cooling rack in the pan.
Pat the chicken pieces with paper towels to dry thoroughly. Toss the chicken with the olive oil and garlic.
Arrange the chicken legs on the rack and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Turn and bake for 20 minutes longer.
Increase heat to 400 F and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes longer, until nicely browned.
In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and hot sauce. Toss the hot cooked drumsticks with the sauce mixture.
Arrange the chicken on a serving platter and drizzle with Ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing.
Serve the drumsticks with more dressing on the side.
- Use all or part chicken thighs along with the drumsticks.
- Be sure they are done by using a food thermometer. Chicken legs are done when they reach at least 165 F. Insert the thermometer in the thickest part of the meat away from bone or fat.
Leave a Reply