Alice Walton Forbes Net Worth
- Alice Walton is the only daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton.
- She has focused on curating art, rather than working for Walmart like her siblings, Rob and Jim.
- In 2011, she opened the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in her hometown of Bentonville, Arkansas.
- Crystal Bridges features works from the likes of Andy Warhol, Norman Rockwell and Mark Rothko.
- In January 2020, she took aim at America’s “broken” healthcare system and unveiled plans to open a holistic health institute in Bentonville.
- Alice Louise Walton is an American heiress to the fortune of Walmart. In September 2016, she owned over US$11 billion in Walmart shares.
- As of September 2020, Walton has a net worth of $68.8 billion, making her the 12th-richest person and the richest woman in the world.
- Alice Walton was born in Newport, Arkansas on the 7th of October, 1949. Walton was raised along with her three brothers in Bentonville.
- She graduated from Bentonville HS in 1966, and Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas with a B-A. in economics and finance.
Alice Walton Forbes Net Worth And Biography
Alice Walton was an equity analyst and money manager in her early career. She was also a broker for EF Hutton. In 1988, she founded Llama Company, where she was president, chairwoman, and CEO.
Walton is one of the first people to chair the Northwest Arkansas Council and she also played a major role in the development of the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport. The Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport Authority recognized Walton’s contributions to the creation of the airport and named the terminal the Alice L.
Walton married a prominent Louisiana investment banker in 1974 at age 24, but they were divorced 2½ years later. According to Forbes, she married “the contractor who built her swimming pool” soon after, “but they, too, divorced quickly”.