Add a few extras to a ready-made tomato sauce for a wonderfully quick and substantial pasta dish!
Each serving provides 658 kcal, 26g protein, 72g carbohydrate (of which 9g sugars),28g fat (of which 9g saturates), 6g fibre and 1.8g salt.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 400g/14oz good-quality sausages, skins removed
- 350g/12¼oz tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 350g/12¼oz penne
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil, to serve (optional)
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the pepper. Cook over a medium heat, until soft.
Add the sausages to the pan, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Once the meat is browned, add the tomato sauce and cook for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
Drain the pasta and stir in the sauce. Spoon into four bowls and garnish with grated Parmesan and chopped basil, if using.